TEST 1 – MIXED MODAL
50 Dumbbell snatch (22.5/15kg)
40 wall ball (6/9kg)
30 toes to bar
20m Over Head lunge – 1 DB (22.5/15kg)
10 devil press (22.5/15kg)
Wall ball (4/6kg)
Time Cap: 10 minutes
Score: For Time
On the start signal, athletes will have 10 minutes to complete the following….
From the starting mat, athletes will move to the DB station and perform 50 dumbbell snatches. Once complete, athletes will move to the rig and begin their 40 wall balls to the target. Once all wall balls are complete, athletes can then begin their 30 toes to bar.
Upon the completion of their toes to bar, athletes will move back to the dumbbell station, collect their dumbbell, position it overhead and proceed to lunge 20 metres. At the 20 metre line, athletes will collect their second dumbbell and perform 10 devils press at the Dumbbell station. Once the final devil press is complete, athletes must run to the finish line to complete the test!
TEST 1 STANDARDS AND SPECIAL REGULATIONS
- The movement begins with the dumbbell on the ground and finishes with the dumbbell directly overhead.
- Both ends of the Dumbbell must touch the ground.
- At no point is the non-working arm or hand permitted to touch the body during the repetition.
- The dumbbell must move above the head in one continuous motion.
- Athletes must alternate hands between each repetition.
- Dumping or bouncing of the dumbbell is not permitted.
- Athletes can switch hands at any point once the repetition has passed through the top of the movement.
- If a no rep is received, the athlete is not required to complete the rep on the same arm and can continue on.WALL BALL
- The medicine ball must be taken from the bottom of a squat, hip crease below the knee and thrown to hit the specified target.
- The centre of the ball must hit the target at or above the specified target height. If the ball hits lower or does not hit the target, the rep does not count!
- Athlete must squat below parallel for the rep to count.OVERHEAD LUNGE
- The athlete must extend one dumbbell overhead before proceeding to lunge.
- A pause at the top of each repetition is not required.
- The lunge starts with two feet behind the start line and finishes when both feet have crossed the 20 metre line.
- The athletes rear knee must touch the ground each repetition.
- Athletes must pass through full extension of both knees at the top of each repetition.
- Athletes are not required to bring both feet together during the movement. They may sweep their feet through as long as full hip and knee extension is reached.
- The arm or dumbell must not touch the head at any point.
- 60+ only are permitted to lunge with dumbbell in a front rack position, holding dumbbell with one hand onlyTOES TO BAR
- The athlete must go from a full hang to having the toes touch the pull-up bar.
- Both feet must touch the bar together, inside the hands.
- The arms and hips must be fully extended at the bottom and the feet must be brought back behind the line of the bar, not out front.DEVILS PRESS
- The Devils Press uses two dumbbells of the same weight and is a combination of a dumbbell burpee and a double dumbbell snatch.
- Athlete starts each repetition with the dumbbells on the ground.
- With both hands on dumbbells, the athlete performs a burpee ensuring the chest makes contact with the floor and jumps to feet
- Athlete then swings dumbbells between inside or outside legs simultaneously using momentum to finish movement with both hands locked out overhead.
- Dumbbells must be visible behind the legs upon backswing and finish with full body lockout – Elbow, hips, knees.
TEST 2 – BODYWEIGHT SKILL
7 metre Handstand walk
Chest to bar
7 metre Handstand walk
Bar muscle up
7 metre Handstand walk
50-60+ (scaled option)
14 metre Seal walk in place of Handstand Walk
Time Cap: 7 minutes
Score: For Time
On the start signal, athletes will have 7 minutes to complete as much work as possible.
Athletes begin at the start line. Once the start signal has sounded, athletes move to the pull up bar and perform 15 pull ups.
Once complete, athletes will move to the handstand walk start line and walk 7 metres on their hands. The floor will have seven one metre lines marked out.
Once the athlete has successfully completed 7 metres, these may be completed in 1 metre sections. Athletes will then run back to the rig and perform 12 pull ups followed by another successful 7 metre handstand walk. Athletes will now move back to the rig to complete 9 pull ups followed by another 7 metre handstand walk.
The athlete then moves into 12 chest to bar followed by a 7 metre handstand walk.
The athlete moves back to the rig again and performs their 9 chest to bar followed by another 7 metre handstand walk. The athletes move back to the for their set of 6 chest to bar followed by a 7 metre handstand walk.
Once complete, the athlete begins the Bar muscle up round, performing 9 bar muscle ups followed by a 7 metre handstand walk, next is 6 bar muscle ups, followed by another 7 metre handstand walk, now finishing with 3 bar muscle ups and a final 7 metre handstand walk.
Once both hands cross the final 7 metre mark, the athlete must run to the finish line to complete the test!
TEST 2 STANDARDS AND SPECIAL REGULATIONS
- This is a standard pull-up. Dead-hang, kipping or butterfly pull-ups are allowed, as long as all movement requirements are met.
- Arms must be fully extended at the bottom.=
- At the top, the chin must break the horizontal plane of the bar.
CHEST TO BAR PULL-UP
- At the bottom of the movement the arms must be fully extended.
- At the top of the movement the chest must clearly make contact with the bar anywhere below the collarbone.
- Any type of pull up is allowed provided the above standards are met.
BAR MUSCLE UP
- The movement begins in a dead hang on the pull up bar with arms fully extended.
- Feet must be off of the ground at the bottom of each repetition.
- At the top of each repetition, the elbows must be fully locked out while the athlete supports themself above the bar.
- Only part of the bar that can contact the bar is the hand.
- Resting on the top of the bar is not permitted.
- Athletes must start with both hands clearly behind the line and finish with both hands clearly past metre line in front for that metre to be successfully completed.
- If the athlete breaks between metre or a no rep occurs, the athlete must move back to the beginning of the metre not completed.
- The movement requires the athlete to travel a specific distance while balanced on the hands, and without touching the feet on the ground to assist.
- Both hands must completely cross the finish line and make contact with the ground on the other side of the finish line before the feet come down for the walk to be completed successfully.
- 7 metres may be broken into a minimum of one metre sections.
SEAL WALK – 50+
- Athlete starts in plank position with both hands (entire hand) behind the line.
- Using the arms only, the athlete walks forward alternating arms each time.
- Feet are to be no wider than the hips.
- Both feet must remain on sliding cloth while in motion.
- Knees and elbows must remain straight throughout the movement.
- Both hands (entire hands) must past the finish line at each end.
- Athlete must go back to the beginning of the one metre square they are on if the metre is not completed unbroken
- Athletes are permitted to complete metre by metre or may go unbroken
The seal walk option must be chosen prior to the athletes heat and noted by the athletes TO. If the seal walk is chosen, the athlete must seal walk for the duration of the test.
Athletes CAN NOT go back and forth between both handstand walk and seal walk movements
Any athlete who chooses to seal walk can not place higher than an athlete that Handstand walks
TEST 3 – STRENGTH
Max lift deadlift triple
(touch and go)
Time Cap: 3 minutes
Score: Max weight of heaviest lift
The max lift deadlift triple is a floater Test and must be completed on Day 1 (Friday) any time between Test 1 / Heat 1 and the final heat of Test 2 in the RX time slot only. The allocated time will be within approximately 6 hours. Athletes must choose their best time to complete this Test during the time allocated.
Four Deadlift Stations will be set up in the Marshalling/warm up area right beside the main competition floor. Two 15kgs and two 20kg bars will be available.
Athletes must check their name off with the Technical Official allocated to their chosen Deadlift station and wait for their TO’s instructions.
On the start signal, athletes will have 3 minutes to find their heaviest 3 rep touch and go deadlift.
Once the 3 minutes is up the Test time is complete. The athlete must then empty their bar ready for the next athlete in line.
Athletes are not to leave this to test to the last minute as if there is a line up towards the end of the day and an athlete does not complete the test by the final heat of the day, the athlete will miss out and receive a score of zero.
TEST 3 STANDARDS AND SPECIAL REGULATIONSDEADLIFT
- This is a standard deadlift with the hands outside the knees, any grip is permitted but sumo deadlifts are not allowed.
- The barbell begins on the ground and must touch the ground between each rep.
- At the top of the movement the athlete’s knees and hips must be fully extended, with the shoulders behind the bar. The arms must be straight throughout.
- Deliberate bouncing of the bar is not permitted.
- Chalk and injury prevention/protection such as tape are permitted. Sticky substances or anything used for advantage are prohibited. Belts are permitted.
- Athletes are not permitted to rest at all at the bottom of the movement
- Athletes must control bar on the way down, including the final rep
- Athletes must choose their best time to complete this Test during the time allocated.
TEST 4 – POWER
15/20 Cal Airbike
30 thrusters 20/35
Time Cap: 3 minutes
Score: For Time
Athletes begin at the start line. Once the start signal has sounded, athletes move to the aikbike and complete their allocated number of cals. Once this number has been reached and the TO has given the all clear, the athlete can then move off the bike and begin to perform 30 Thrusters facing towards the finish line.
Once 30 thrusters have been completed, the athlete must run to the finish line to complete the test!
- Athletes have 30 seconds to adjust bike to correct height prior to their heat.
- Athletes must not get off their bike until the required amount of cals are visual on the monitor.
- The barbell will start from the ground.
- When taking the barbell from the ground the athlete can choose to either power clean the barbell to the shoulders and then go into a thruster, or full squat clean into the thruster.
- On each repetition, at the bottom of the movement the hip crease must go below the top of the knee and at the top of the movement the knees, hips and arms must be fully extended, with the bar directly over mid-foot.
- A front squat and push press is permitted, however a push jerk is not permitted and will be classed as a no rep.
TEST 5 – BODYWEIGHT ENDURANCE
1 rope climb
Handstand push up ladder going up in 3’s
Time Cap: 9 minutes
Score: For max Reps
On the start signal, athletes will have 9 minutes to move through and complete as many as reps as possible.
Athletes begin at the start line. Once the start signal has sounded, athletes move to the rope and complete one rope climb. Athletes then move to the handstand push up wall and complete 3 handstand push ups. The athlete can now move back to the rope and complete another single rope climb followed by 6 handstand push ups. The athlete will now head back to the rope and complete another single rope climb followed by 9 handstand push ups. The athlete continues in this manner, adding 3 handstand push up reps each round until the 9 minute mark sounds.
Athletes must move their marker 2 metres forward after every round
- Hands, including fingers must be within the box marked out on the floor that measures 36 inches wide and 24 inches deep.
- The movement begins at the top of a handstand with the arms fully locked out, the heels on the wall.
- At the bottom of each rep, the head must touch the ground.
- At the top of each rep, the arms return to full locked out with the heels on the wall.
- Kipping is allowed.
- Abmat is permitted for 50-60+ athletes
- Control must be shown at the end of each repetition.
- Athletes must move their marker 2 metres forward after every round
- ROPE CLIMB
- The rope climb begins with both feet on the ground.
- The athlete must touch specified height with one hand before descending.
- The repetition ends when the athlete returns to the bottom of the rope and both feet are in contact with the ground.
- Athletes must aim to descend safely.
TEST 6 – AEROBIC CAPACITY
1.5km ski erg
1km ski Erg
Time Cap: N/A
Score: For Time
Athletes meet at Springwood Girl Guides Hall, Springwood. Athlete will be given an ankle chip timer that they must attach to their ankle (left or right) prior to their event.
Heats will go in 12 minute waves. Athletes will be marshalled prior to their heat and directed exactly where to stand. Once directed, athletes will stand on the start line ready for their heat.
On the start signal, athletes will have unlimited time to complete the Endurance Test.
Once the start signal has sounded, athletes run to their ski erg and begin their allocated distance on the Ski Erg. Once this distance is reached and the TO has given the all clear, the athlete will then begin the first 1.3km run through the conservation park. Athletes will be directed by marshalls positioned all around the course and should follow the coloured ribbon marking the way. Athletes will come to some small downhill stairs made of stone. This will be marked and manned by marshalls. This small section has a no running/no over taking rule applied and a one minute time penalty will occur if any athlete fails to comply.
From here the athletes will continue to follow the park around to the stairs. Athletes must then climb the stairs and continue on to the last 1.3km run home to the finish line.
Athletes will be permitted to cross the finish line to activate their chip timer to stop and finalise their time. Athletes must then remove their chip timer and place it in the collection tub provided.
TEST 6 STANDARDS AND SPECIAL REGULATIONS
- Athletes meet at Springwood Girl Guides Hall, Springwood.
- Athletes must start behind the start line to ensure they do not activate their chip timer early
- Athletes must not move on from ski erg until the allocated distance has been sighted on the monitor and the TO has given the all clear to begin the run
- Athletes must follow marshalls directions at all times along the track
- Athletes must abide by any no running or overpassing rules
- Athletes will receive a time penalty for not following safety instructions
- Athletes may not create shortcuts or alter the set course plan in any way. This may result in major time penalties and possible disqualification.
- Athletes must securely attach ankle timers prior to their event
- Conservation park rules and regulations must be followed at all times to protect the park and it’s wildlife