TEST 1 – MIXED MODAL
50 DB snatch
40 wall ball
30 knee raises
20m Over Head lunge
10 devil press
60+ Can perform a single sided front rack lunge rather than overhead
Time Cap: 10 minutes
Score: For Time
On the start signal, athletes will have 10 minutes to complete the following.
From the starting mat, athletes will move to the DB station and perform 50 dumbbell snatches. Once complete, athletes will move to the rig and begin their 40 wall balls to the target. Once all wall balls are complete, athletes can then begin their 30 knee raises. Upon the completion of their knee raises, athletes will move back to the dumbbell station, collect their dumbbell, position it overhead and proceed to lunge 20 metres. At the 20 metre line, athletes will collect their second dumbbell and perform 10 devils press at the Dumbbell station. Once the final devil press is complete, athletes must run to the finish line to complete the test!
TEST 1 STANDARDS AND SPECIAL REGULATIONS
- The movement begins with the dumbbell on the ground and finishes with the dumbbell directly overhead.
- Both ends of the Dumbbell must touch the ground.
- At no point is the non-working arm or hand permitted to touch the body during the repetition.
- The dumbbell must move above the head in one continuous motion.
- Athletes must alternate hands between each repetition.
- Dumping or bouncing of the dumbbell is not permitted.
- Athletes can switch hands at any point once the repetition has passed through the top of the movement.
- If a no rep is received, the athlete is not required to complete the rep on the same arm and can continue on.
- The medicine ball must be taken from the bottom of a squat, hip crease below the knee and thrown to hit the specified target.
- The centre of the ball must hit the target at or above the specified target height. If the ball hits lower or does not hit the target, the rep does not count!
- Athlete must squat below parallel for the rep to count.
- The athlete must extend one dumbbell overhead before proceeding to lunge.
- A pause at the top of each repetition is not required.
- The lunge starts with two feet behind the start line and finishes when both feet have crossed the 20 metre line.
- The athletes rear knee must touch the ground each repetition.
- Athletes must pass through full extension of both knees at the top of each repetition.
- Athletes are not required to bring both feet together during the movement. They may sweep their feet through as long as full hip and knee extension is reached.
- The arm or dumbell must not touch the head at any point.
- 60+ only are permitted to lunge with dumbbell in a front rack position, holding dumbbell with one hand only
- Arms must go from a full hang to having the knees lifted higher than the line of the hip.
- The arms and hips must be fully extended at the bottom and the feet must be brought back behind the vertical line of the bar, not out front.
- The Devils Press uses two dumbbells of the same weight and is a combination of a dumbbell burpee and a double dumbbell snatch.
- Athlete starts each repetition with the dumbbells on the ground.
- With both hands on dumbbells, the athlete performs a burpee ensuring the chest makes contact with the floor and jumps to feet.
- Open athletes can step up and down
- Athlete then swings dumbbells between the inside or outside of legs simultaneously using momentum to finish movement with both hands locked out overhead.
- Dumbbells must be visible behind the legs upon backswing and finish with full body lockout – Elbow, hips, knees.
TEST 2 – BODYWEIGHT SKILL
Jumping rope pulls
14m Seal walk
Jumping rope pulls
14m Seal walk
Jumping rope pulls
14m Seal walk
Time Cap: 7 minutes
Score: For Time
Athletes begin at the start line. Once the start signal has sounded, athletes move to the rope and perform 15 jumping rope pulls.
Once complete, athletes will move to the beginning of the Seal walk start line and seal walk 14 metres using their hands. The floor will have seven one metre lines marked out. Athletes will need to go up and back to complete the 14 metres
Once the athlete has successfully completed 14 metres, these may be completed in 1 metre sections, athletes will then move back to the rope and perform 12 jumping rope pulls followed by another successful 14 metres seal walk. Athletes will now move back to the rope to complete 9 jumping rope pulls followed by another 14 metre seal walk.
The athlete then moves into 12 jumping rope pulls followed by a 14 metre seal walk.
The athlete moves back to the rope again and performs their 9 jumping rope pulls followed by another 14 metre seal walk. The athletes now move back for their set of 6 jumping rope pulls followed by a 14 metre seal walk.
Once complete, the athlete begins the final round, performing 9 jumping rope pulls followed by a 14 metre seal walk, next is 6 jumping rope pulls, followed by another 14 metre seal walk, now finishing with 3 jumping rope pulls and 14 metre seal walk.
Once both hands cross the final 14 metre mark, the athlete must run to the finish line to complete the test!
TEST 2 STANDARDS AND SPECIAL REGULATIONS
JUMPING ROPE PULLS
- Athletes reach both hands just above head and grasp the rope
- Athletes proceed to jump while pulling their chin above their hands.
- Athlete starts in plank position with both hands (entire hand) behind the line.
- Using the arms only, the athlete walks forward alternating arms each time.
- Feet are to be no wider than the hips.
- Both feet must remain on sliding cloth while in motion.
- Knees and elbows must remain straight throughout the movement.
- Both hands (entire hands) must past the finish line at each end.
- Athlete must go back to the beginning of the one metre square they are on if the metre is not completed unbroken
- Athletes are permitted to complete metre by metre or may go unbroken
TEST 3 – STRENGTH
Max lift deadlift triple
(touch and go)
Time Cap: 3 minutes
Score: Max weight of heaviest lift
The max lift deadlift triple is a floater Test and must be completed on Day 1 (Friday) any time between Test 1 / Heat 1 and the final heat of Test 2 in the RX time slot only. The allocated time will be within approximately 6 hours. Athletes must choose their best time to complete this Test during the time allocated.
Four Deadlift Stations will be set up in the Marshalling/warm up area right beside the main competition floor. Two 15kgs and two 20kg bars will be available.
Athletes must check their name off with the Technical Official allocated to their chosen Deadlift station and wait for their TO’s instructions.
On the start signal, athletes will have 3 minutes to find their heaviest 3 rep touch and go deadlift.
Once the 3 minutes is up the Test time is complete. The athlete must then empty their bar ready for the next athlete in line.
Athletes are not to leave this to test to the last minute as if there is a line up towards the end of the day and an athlete does not complete the test by the final heat of the day, the athlete will miss out and receive a score of zero.
TEST 3 STANDARDS AND SPECIAL REGULATIONS
- This is a standard deadlift with the hands outside the knees, any grip is permitted but sumo deadlifts are not allowed.
- The barbell begins on the ground and must touch the ground between each rep.]
- At the top of the movement the athlete’s knees and hips must be fully extended, with the shoulders behind the bar. The arms must be straight throughout.
- Deliberate bouncing of the bar is not permitted.
- Chalk and injury prevention/protection such as tape are permitted. Sticky substances or anything used for advantage are prohibited. Belts are permitted.
- Athletes are not permitted to rest at all at the bottom of the movement
- Athletes must control bar on the way down, including the final rep
- Athletes must choose their best time to complete this Test during the time allocated.
TEST 4 – POWER
15/20 Cal Airbike
30 thrusters 20/35
Time Cap: 3 minutes
Score: For Time
Athletes begin at the start line. Once the start signal has sounded, athletes move to the aikbike and complete their allocated number of cals. Once this number has been reached and the TO has given the all clear, the athlete can then move off the bike and begin to perform 30 Thrusters facing towards the finish line.
Once 30 thrusters have been completed, the athlete must run to the finish line to complete the test!TEST 4 STANDARDS AND SPECIAL REGULATIONS
- Athletes have 30 seconds to adjust bike to correct height prior to their heat.
- Athletes must not get off their bike until the required amount of cals are visual on the monitor.
- The barbell will start from the ground.
- When taking the barbell from the ground the athlete can choose to either power clean the barbell to the shoulders and then go into a thruster, or full squat clean into the thruster.
- On each repetition, at the bottom of the movement the hip crease must go below the top of the knee and at the top of the movement the knees, hips and arms must be fully extended, with the bar directly over mid-foot.
- A front squat and push press is permitted, however a push jerk is not permitted and will be classed as a no rep.
TEST 5 – BODYWEIGHT ENDURANCE
3, 6, 9, 12…
Unbroken rope hang (seconds)
Chest to ground Push ups
TEST 5 FLOW
On the start signal, athletes will have 9 minutes to move through and complete as many as reps as possible.
Athletes begin at the start line. Once the start signal has sounded, athletes move to the rope and complete a 3 second rope hang. Athletes then move to the chest to ground push up station and complete 3 chest to ground push ups. The athletes can now move back to the rope and complete 6 second rope hang followed by 6 chest to ground push ups. The athletes now head back to the rope and complete a 9 second rope hang followed by 9 chest to ground push ups. The athletes continue in this manner, adding 3 seconds to each rope pul and 3 chest to ground push up reps each round until the 9 minute mark sounds.
TEST 5 STANDARDS AND SPECIAL REGULATIONS
- Athlete must start with 2 feet on the ground,
- Athlete reaches arms above head, holding on to the rope before lifting 2 feet simultaneously from the ground.
- The time will only start once 2 feet are off the ground
- Athlete must hang without using feet to hold the rope
- Time is only counted during the time both feet had no contact with the floor.CHEST TO GROUND PUSH-UPS
- Athletes start at the top of the push-up position with elbows locked.
- Athletes must then lower themselves to the floors, chest and thighs touching.
- Athletes then push back to the starting position keeping the knees straight at all times
- Athletes are not allowed to ‘worm’ up in the press, the push-up requires the thighs to be lifted off the floor at the same time as the chest.
Time Cap: 9 minutes
Score: For max Reps
TEST 6 – AEROBIC CAPACITY
2km ski erg
1km ski erg
Time Cap: N/A
Score: For max Reps
Athletes meet at Springwood Girl Guides Hall, Springwood. Athlete will be given an ankle chip timer that they must attach to their ankle (left or right) prior to their event. Heats will go in 12 minute waves. Athletes will be marshalled prior to their heat and directed exactly where to stand. Once directed, athletes will stand on the start line ready for their heat.
On the start signal, athletes will have unlimited time to complete the Endurance Test.
Once the start signal has sounded, athletes run to their ski erg and begin their allocated distance on the Ski Erg. Once this distance is reached and the TO has given the all clear, the athlete will then begin the first 1.3km run through the Conservation Park. Athletes will be directed by marshalls positioned all around the course and should follow the coloured ribbon marking the way. Athletes will come to some small downhill stairs made of stone. This will be marked and manned by marshalls. This small section has a no running/no over taking rule applied and a one minute time penalty will occur if any athlete fails to comply.
From here the athletes will continue to follow the park around to the stairs. Athletes must then climb the stairs and continue on to the last 1.3km run home to the finish line.
Athletes will be permitted to cross the finish line to activate their chip timer to stop and finalise their time. Athletes must then remove their chip timer and place it in the collection tub provided.
TEST 6 STANDARDS AND SPECIAL REGULATIONS
- Athletes meet at Springwood Girl Guides Hall, Springwood.
- Athletes must start behind the start line to ensure they do not activate their chip timer early
- Athletes must not move on from ski erg until the allocated distance has been sighted on the monitor and the TO has given the all clear to begin the run
- Athletes must follow marshalls directions at all times along the track
- Athletes must abide by any no running or overpassing rules
- Athletes will receive a time penalty for not following safety instructions
- Athletes may not create shortcuts or alter the set course plan in any way. This may result in major time penalties and possible disqualification.
- Conservation park rules and regulations must be followed at all times to protect the park and it’s wildlife